Occupational safety and health
PPA is committed to ensuring the safety and health of all personnel.
Our dedicated occupational safety and health (OSH) department works closely with all personnel working for or on behalf of Pilbara Ports Authority and wider port users to ensure:
- The OSH management system complies with AS/NZS 4801:2001
- Systems and processes are continually audited and improved to provide a safe working environment
- Risk assessment procedures adequately identify hazards and unsafe practices
- Lead indicators eliminate work related injury and illness
- Safety leadership is a core responsibility of all managers and supervisors
- Employees have the appropriate work environment, equipment and training
- All personnel understand hazards and controls associated with the workplace
- A safety culture that inspires awareness of and personal responsibility for OSH
- Employees are consulted in OSH matters.
You can find PPA's Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan here.
PPA has implemented a number of policies to demonstrate our commitment to the promotion of the health, safety and wellbeing of all personnel working within PPA controlled areas or undertaking PPA controlled works.
All personnel accessing PPA controlled areas and undertaking PPA controlled works are required to comply with these procedures, including employees, contractors, licensees and visitors.
Occupational Safety and Health Bulletins
The health and safety department regularly release communications to inform personnel of important health & safety topics, such as hazards and updates to procedures.
Occupational Safety and Health department
P: +61 8 6217 7112